Thoughtful Thursday  

Posted by: Cameon

**Yesterday was supposed to be Wordless Wednesday as well, so that was the picture. Words can’t describe how much I love this little man and how I can’t wait (but actually can) to have little ones of my own and experience this with them.**

Today’s post comes really early, or late in many cases. I can’t sleep…again. I slept amazingly well last night but alas the reason I slept so well is gone. Grrr…

I read a lot of blogs today through Shelle’s Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday. Some of them were funny. Some of them were sad…but most of all I was reminded of why I love to blog so much.

My Daddy called me out tonight about blogging and the hours in which I do so. Quite honestly it doesn’t take me that long to type up a blog but I think he was more referring to what time I usually post blogs (note to self, set scheduled time for blog posts).

I told him I blog to get away. I blog to take a break. I blog to relax and let everything that has been going on lose so that I don’t go crazy. I didn’t use to think it mattered, but it really does.

I’ve said before that my parents are my best friend. Just like any best friends our best friends our are best friends for various reasons. We have those best friends that are there for everything. We have those best friends that are there to make sure we make the right decisions and keep our head on straight. Then we have those best friends that we know we can say anything and they will emotionally be there.

Today, I called my MaMa and told her everything that had been going on. I was visibly upset even over the phone and she could tell almost instantly. I love talking to my MaMa because I know she will know exactly what to say. Today was no different. She got me through the day and said exactly what I needed for her to say.

My Daddy also called me on his way home from work and he said exactly what my Daddy needed to say. Obviously, I talked to him about classes and finals and worrying about them and other things but he told me that I needed to have the attitude of “I’ve got this. I am going to blow this out of the water!” because I could and I appreciate that more than you can imagine.  I needed to hear that.

Megan, my sister was making comments in the background while I was talking to my mom true to Megan form and I also heard little man making cute little noises in the background. These are all sounds and things I needed to hear today for one reason or another. I’m so thankful to have them in my life.

I know my posts here recently have been about my family, but going to college has really made me appreciate them that much more. Most people go off to college and the first thing they do is rebel and do all the things their parents wouldn’t allow them to do. Not me, and I think it was because I knew that I could always be honest with my parents no matter what happened/what I did. Because of this, I never really felt the need to rebel.

Even now, being in a traditionally “party town” I don’t feel the need to go out and drink or start smoking or become a girl that guys see as easy and I have my family to thank for that. Right and wrong are engrained in me forever I believe.

That, and I like being in control. Smile

Gratitude

For those of you that don’t know, meet my little brother Michael. He is 16 months old and the only man I need in my life. To say he was a surprise would be a drastic understatement but he was really what my family needed.

His little giggle makes the worst of days better and he reminds me of how  much love can be in one person. I hate that we lose that sometimes as we get older.

He reminds me of how much I want kids when I get to that point in my life.

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment