Cough, Cough, Sniff, Cough  

Posted by: Cameon

IMG_20101118_172820

Yes, there is a crimson flannel blanket, a houndstooth flannel blanket, a comforter, and a sheet along with two pillows on this bed. For the past two days, I have been bundled up in the middle of all that.

Joy.

I am one of those people that doesn’t get sick very often but when I do, it’s usually bad. This is just like any other time.

Katie is my suitemate and I can’t express how thankful I am for her and Brittany and also for Tim Neve. We were all mad at each other, and still are in some ways but these amazing friends of mine put all of that aside to take care of me while I’ve been sick, which is I know not an easy task. Especially when they themselves have been sick.

Yep. Brittany, Katie, and I have all been sick. Needless to say over the last few days there has been a lot of Grey’s Anatomy, chicken noodle soup, and Gatorade. Oh, and pizza…not sure how that last one fits in but hey, I’m on medication. I can  be crazy.

So, there have been three sickly girls all in one dorm room for the last few days and it has been rather exciting. Katie was nauseated. So, being the “ttown mom” to her I made she she had something to eat because I knew we had not been eating well. Sure enough, after a burger from Five Guys she was feeling better. Her iron was low.

Mine, however, was not that simple. I woke up Tuesday with a sore throat, sniffles and just not feeling well at all. This was strange considering when I went to bed Monday night I felt fine besides a little scratchy throat which I blamed on the copious amount of screaming I did at the Basketball game the previous night. So all throughout Tuesday I felt bad. Knew I had a low grade fever but went to work anyway. Had more than a low grade fever and Katie doped me up on Robatusen and Zycam (not a pleasant experience let me tell you). Wednesday, Katie caught onto the fact that I had fever and every few hours would come in and check it and then wake me up to give me medicine. Went to the doctor thursday night for them to tell me I had an upper respiratory infection.

This is where it gets interesting.

Katie took me to the doctor. I was going to be stubborn and take myself but after walking down the hallway and almost falling down from being dizzy I decided to let my pride go and allow her to take me.

Bad idea.

We got looks. The weird looks. The looks that ask, without every saying a word, “Are they together?”

I guess it just shows how the world has changed. I miss the days when I could take a baby in a doctor’s office and not automatically be the mother. I miss the days when I could walk into WalMart with my baby brother and Dad and not get weird looks. I miss the days of being able to walk into a doctor’s office with my suitemate and not have weird looks thrown at me.

I miss the days when obviously, a young girl carrying in a baby meant it was her baby brother. I miss the days when, for the most part, people married people their own age. I miss the days when two friends that were of the same sex could be friends without automatically being homosexual.

I miss the days when people were not so quick to judge.

I am headed to Birmingham for the weekend. If you are in the area, make sure and check out MOMS Market that will take place November 21st from 1-5pm (that’s Sunday).

There will be LOTS of super cute stuff!

-Cameon

This entry was posted on Friday, November 19, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment