Busy…and loving it  

Posted by: Cameon

(Let the records show I did not skip yesterday, this is for October 28, 2010)

I am one of those people that likes to stay busy. Call it not liking to sit still. Call it not being able to sit still. Call it whatever, but I just don’t like sitting still. In fact, it takes a lot for me to sit down and focus on something entirely. Everything gets done…and well but it really takes me concentrating, and even then I usually have to have four other things going to actually get something done.

This drives my mother crazy, and she noticed it today. My “agenda” is that of a miracle. I don’t even know how I do what I do most of the time. Somehow though, it always gets done.

This weekend however, I am taking a break from work, school, and Getting Social (which is also work). This weekend I am spending time with my family and friends that have gone somewhat neglected while I’ve been at UA trying to take it over. I adore my family, and I really don’t tell them that enough and probably don’t let them know it, which is something I intend to change.

This weekend I plan to turn off the cellphone for the most part, let the email and Facebook go, and enjoy spending time with my family. No Bama Fever, no UA, and no Getting Social. Just me, my family, and my friends.

Tonight I got to spend time with some very good friends of mine that I haven’t seen since I graduated in May. It was eye opening, because most of them said the same thing, “We just all knew how busy you would get and the awesome things you would accomplish.” While it was a compliment, I also felt terrible.

So, today is a new day…

Gratitide

1) I got to leave Alabama at a decent time.

2) THE WEATHER IS FINALLY GETTING COLDER!!

3) I had the chance to talk with a lot of good friends I’ve missed.

4) I got to see the Shades Valley Band perform.

5) I got to talk with my Daddy tonight just me and him…and it was nice. I wish we did that more often.

Deeds

1) I participated in a giveaway for Getting Social. I gave away a free FB make over and then 3 $10 gift cards.

2) A guy helped me to my car today since I had a lot of different things I was carrying.

3) I left a random message on my roommate’s FB wall today wishing her a safe trip home and telling her how much I appreciate her.

My challenge to you (something new I’m adding): Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while and catch up. Let them know you care and that you are there. Apologize for being so busy. Finally, set up a lunch date.

Now, blog about it and post a comment below to tell me about it. :)

This entry was posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment