I’m Coming Home and Day 2  

Posted by: Cameon

I never have been one of those girls to get into the reality shows. I am never in the loop on American Idol, The Bachelor, The Bachlorette, etc. They just don’t interest me. What’s the reality of finding true love on television, or not finding it and then getting a redo, or your own television show?

I will admit that I got pretty into the Grey’s Anatomy. I mean honestly though, who at any given point has that many good looking men around you at one time? Certainly not me. I wish that was my reality. Fun show to escape with. Something my MaMa and I watched together every Thursday night religiously for quite a while. Now though I am sad to say that I have no idea what is going on.

Tonight I came across a show called Coming Home. What a terrific show. I was in tears for almost a solid hour but in a good way. This show arranges for men and women in our military that are also mommies and daddies to make it home for important events in their child’s lives or just because they haven’t seen them in a long time.

One of the stories was about a high school senior that played football. His dad was his biggest fan. It came time for his Senior season to start and his dad was deployed to Afghanistan. Signing Day came…he wanted his biggest fan there and got him. This big football player was in tears at seeing his dad- his biggest fan there to share such a special moment. The rest were smaller children, and even more heartbreaking was the sight of these men in our military in tears at hearing their little boy or little girl say, “I love you Daddy.” (Seriously, I am tearing up just thinking about this).

What a terrific show. I know many of my readers have husbands and wives in the military. Thank you for giving up your time with your little boys and girls to serve our country. They say that being in the ring of fire is the hardest part, but I personally could never imagine having to leave my children and my family.

This show airs on Lifetime Sunday nights at 9pm CST. Definitely one of my new favorite shows.

With that…comes Day 2: Post a picture of someone that you have been closest with the longest.

Honestly, if we’re thinking time wise my parents would be the obvious choice and they are going to get a picture because without their guidance and strength over the years, I would not be who I am. However, along with them are other family members such as my sister, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, of course my brother…and of course some of the best friends a girl could ask for. They all get pictures because they have all been there and have all helped me through such important points in my life. I love each and every one of you so much.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment