Raisin' Em Right--A Day Of Firsts  

Posted by: Cameon in , , , ,



Yesterday was one filled with many “firsts.”

As many did, I had my phone set up with a calendar telling me exactly how many days/hours/and minutes I had until Alabama Football started. At 12am on September 4, 2010, it went off, and I hopped out of bed screaming in excitement that the day had finally come.

Yesterday was the first day of the 2010 Alabama Football season. It was also the first time that Bryant-Denny would have the capacity to seat over 101,000 people.

I was also now a student at the University of Alabama, and not just a fan and this would be my first sporting event as such. I was a part of it now. Yea! Alabama! was not just a cheer that I sang, and it wasn’t just a fight song. It was the fight song to the University of Alabama where I was attending college.

Michael and my Mom joined me for Gameday which was also an incredible experience. This would be Michael’s first Alabama game (recently one year old) besides A-Day, and it was hilarious to see him respond to everything.

He actually watched the game and what was going on. Although, the moments when it had been quieter and then all of a sudden 100,000 people started yelling kind of scared of. Of course, him and I had been working on our Alabama cheers before I left for school, and he looked at me and grinned when people did cheers he knew as well. ßThis part made my day.

It was the first time of the 2010 season that I would tailgate, and I got to see Michael drink out of a juicebox for the first time, which made me feel incredibly old to be honest.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day to be outside, and especially for Alabama Football. It was a great day for a win, which the Tide accomplished easily over San Jose State (48-3 actually). It was also an incredible day to get to see my Mom and little brother Michael.

Definitely one of scrapbook perfect days (and yes, we did save the tickets).

I hope everyone has an incredible Labor Day weekend and stays safe. If you were at a College Football game yesterday, I hope your experience was all that you hoped for.

Roll Tide,
The Bama Chick




This entry was posted on Sunday, September 05, 2010 and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment