Between A Dark Cloud And Sunshine, With A Rainbow Connecting The Two Worlds  

Posted by: Cameon in , , , , ,

Ironically, a week ago I posted a parody between rain and love. Make no mistake, I do love the rain and everything that it represents. However, I have realized that sometimes, you can have too much of a good thing.

This past week in Birmingham, it has rained and been cloudy most of the time. Making days seem much like days seen only in horror movies with clouds, gloom, and a haze covering everywhere. Except Saturday.

 

Being sent to Target for baby items is not uncommon for me. I guess having a daughter that’s old enough to drive and get those things is just one of the added bonuses that my mom gets for having an 18 year old and then a 7 month old.  So, after my normal routine of going into Target, getting dirty looks, getting asked how old my baby is, and then filling in whichever person decided to actually be so bold, hearing the laughter when I explain that it’s actually my little brother, and walking out…I decided to go to Starbucks.

Sitting in line at Starbucks, I see what would have been the perfect picture of life. And of course, I had no camera.

Sitting in front of me, was half of the street as bright as can be with a few clouds here and there. Fluffy and white, they were the kind of clouds that reminded you of bunnies and laying on your back in the grass during the Summer. On the other side of the street were huge dark clouds, looking as if they were ready to strike with their venom any second. And, connecting these two words, was one of the most amazing rainbows I have ever seen in my life.

Each strand of this rainbow was a magnificent color. Bright and vibrant, even against the dark clouds, you could see every one of them with impeccable clarity. It was at this moment that I realized, sometimes it takes life being dark and dreary to be able to see the things that are truly wonderful, and when they do occasionally it makes them just that must better in contrast.

This rainbow was connecting two very different worlds. At one end, you saw sunshine and at the other, you saw nothing but darkness. Two worlds that created something amazing to see. Two worlds, that individually might not have been so amazing, but when brought together, made everything seem so much better.

All of this while enjoying a White Chocolate Mocha with a shot of Toffee Nut. It doesn’t get much better than that.

 

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment